X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so running lsusb got me this.
    In regular and USB mode I got this ID
    Bus 001 Device 010: ID 04e8:681c Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Galaxy Portal/Spica Android Phone

In downloading mode I got this ID
    Bus 002 Device 008: ID 04e8:6601 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Z100 Mobile Phone
    AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

I use wireless transfer via SMB with ES File Explorer on the phone (and tablet for that matter) without having to root. My desktop is set up as an SMB server. My phone has no problems connecting via USB (Android 2.1). My tablet (ICS), however, will not connect. It's something to do with the way the storage is handled under ICS. I will add some more info when I get onto my PC - working on the tablet now.
      Last edited by BigAl-sa; Aug 30, 2012, 11:58 PM.

Comment

That sounds pretty good, I can check that out in the mean time. Been workin 12 hour shifts at a manufacturing job so i'm beat at the moment but i'll look into it over the weekend. Thank you, that's a pretty good idea.
        AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

Originally posted by snappwrench View Post
          Ok, so running lsusb got me this.
          {...snip...}
          1. Put the phone in regular mode

2. In a Konsole, run
          Code:
          udevadm monitor --property
          3. Plug the USB cable into your computer

4. A fair amount of text will scroll on your Konsole; I need to see all of it

5. Unplug the cable

6. Reboot into download mode and repeat the procedure

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl-sa View Post
            I use wireless transfer via SMB with ES File Explorer on the phone (and tablet for that matter) without having to root. My desktop is set up as an SMB server. My phone has no problems connecting via USB (Android 2.1). My tablet (ICS), however, will not connect. It's something to do with the way the storage is handled under ICS . I will add some more info when I get onto my PC - working on the tablet now.
            Here is a link to the problem of file sharing between ICS and Linux via USB:
            http://shkspr.mobi/blog/index.php/20...ntu-using-mtp/

I found the method given to overcome the problem made access rather slow.

Comment

Working...
            X