This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: apt-btrfs-snapshot script breaks Muon

In case any of you'all run into this: If you install apt-btrfs-snapshot-script (automatic snapshot-ing for btrfs installs whenever apt-get is invoked) Muon will no longer work due to a failure in the script.

I had to put exit 0 as the first command in /usr/bin/apt-btrfs-snapshot so that I could remove it, then install updates. This started only today so I don't know if the script has failed all along or just recently.

Please Read Me

Did you file a bug?

Comment

I wanted to see if anyone else ran into this first - but I guess it's likely that I might be the only one on here who tried it.

I'll retest then file...

Please Read Me

Comment

In Kubuntu 14.04 the apt-btrfs-snapshot package is running well for me.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the major problem I have with apt-btrfs-snapshot is that the snapshots (labled @apt-snapshot-yyyy-mm-dd-hh:mm:ss) it creates, as apposed to those created manually using btrfs or snapper, are not accessible or deletable without mounting the device you are running on, and then issuing what ever btrfs commands you need to on /mnt, or whatever. Snapper doesn't touch them, although it lists them.

You have to use the "-c root" or "-c home" with snapper to list the snapshots. "btrfs subvolume list" show all of them.

I've also been playing with df and du and dolphine to find out how much disk space the snapshots and subvolumes are taking.
        Using "sudo du -ach /home/.snapshots" it shows that my @ snapshots take 2.4T on my 350G HD !!!
        Each of the 15 snapshots supposedly takes up 70G. That's about 1 T. Two snapshot directories about double it to 2 T. I don't know where the other 0.4 T are coming from, but I'm sure that they have no relationship to reality, since btrfs doesn't track free space.

Before I made and deleted a subvolume in my home account, and crated a snapshot of it, my total disk usage was about 26%. Now, even thought I've deleted both the /home/jerry/data subvolume and the /home/jerry/data_snapshot snapshot, df says my disk usage is around 55% and conky shows 44% free space on its display.
        Last edited by GreyGeek; Jan 28, 2014, 04:59 PM.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X