This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fond Farewell

After ten enjoyable years I am signing off of KFN, the best and most friendly Linux forum on the web.

For several months it has been my only registered Internet account and with its closing my presence on the Internet comes to an end. During the last year I installed Kubuntu on six laptops of friends The is coming to an end as well.

An aside: A couple of years ago I read the “Three Body Problem”, by Cixin Liu

Yesterday my son brought me a copy of “Chain Lightning”, by the same author.
    It is even better than the “Three Body Problem”, which I rank better than Issac Asimov’s “Foundation Trilogy”.

Ball lightning interests me because in 1986 I witnessed the occurance of one. During a thunderstorm lightning struck a light pole near my house and surge current melted the power cord connected to the wall socket nearest to the lightning strike. At the same instant an orange ball of plasma erupted from the wall socket and floated across the room for about 10 feet before settling down onto the carpet and creating a scorched spot. The ball was about 6-10” in diameter and was a translucent fluorescent orange.

So, with my last post on KFN I bid you all farewell.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Nov 20, 2018, 10:22 AM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Be well GreyGeek, and enjoy your new Internet-free life!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      So, with my last post on KFN I bid you all farewell.
      Sorry to see you go GreyGeek! You were the first to respond and welcome me here a few months ago and ever since you have helped me a great deal as I got into Kubuntu and btrfs step by step.

Wish you all the best and take care of yourself!
      Thomas

Comment

Even though you will never see this, best wishes to you. The internet is a lesser space without you.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Good luck and God speed GG!

We'll miss you.

Please Read Me

Comment

Ah, that's really a loss. You were certainly the nicest person I ever could disagree with on the internet.
            Good luck and all the best!

Comment

Enjoy your life and we will miss you here.
              Kubuntu 23.11 64bit under Kernel 6.8.7, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe View Post
                Ah, that's really a loss. You were certainly the nicest person I ever could disagree with on the internet.
                Good luck and all the best!
                Well said!

Please Read Me

Comment

If you can come back as, say, GrrrrG002, we'll spot you instantly!
                  Last edited by Qqmike; Nov 20, 2018, 03:42 PM. Reason: wrong grammatical word
                  An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Sorry to hear this, but in the words of the dolphins in "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", “Thanks for all the fish!” You will be missed.
                    Last edited by Snowhog; Nov 20, 2018, 07:38 PM.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I to will miss you GG you have been a wealth of info over the years , I am sad to see you go .

be well my linux friend.

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

au revoir mon ami

Comment

All things must pass. Thanks for all the help you've given me on this forum, and I wish you health and good luck.

Comment

GG, I will miss your expertise - and your conservative pronouncements. It was good to get to know you - even just a little bit, for so short a time. Blessings to you (from on high).

-=Ken Jarstad=-
                            -=Ken=-
                            "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
                            DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Farewell to you GG. Take care.
                              Linux User #454271

Comment

Working...
                              X