X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] How to use Custom Shortcuts?

Hello everybody, :-)

I would like to write automatically sentences. I could use Autokey and Custom Shortcuts. I tried without any success Autokey 90.xx on Kubuntu 14.04 and Kubuntu 16.04.
    Now I'm trying custom shortcuts. I can write "Hello" but please how can I*write
    "Mendelsohn street 45/4
    67895 Merli"?
    Last edited by nicrnicr; Aug 20, 2017, 11:46 AM.

Code:
    shift+m:e:n:d:e:l:s:o:h:n:space:s:t:r:e:e:t:space:4:5:/:4:enter:6:7:8:9:5:space:shift+m:e:r:l:i
    (assuming us keyboard layout for the "/" char, some other layouts may have that as a shift+key combo)

Comment

doesn't work for me

Thank you very much kubicle but I have " instaed of any figure, i.e. Mendelsohn street ""/"

Comment

kubicle and I found how to write it:
        Code:
        shift+m:e:n:d:e:l:s:o:h:n:space:s:t:r:e:e:t:space:shift+4:shift+5:/:shift+4:enter:shift+6:shift+7:shift+8:shift+9:shift+5:space:shift+m:e:r:l:i
        Last edited by nicrnicr; Aug 20, 2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nicrnicr View Post
          Thank you very much kubicle but I have " instaed of any figure, i.e. Mendelsohn street ""/"
          That's a bit odd, seems to work as expected on my end.

kubicle and I found how to write it:
          Code:
          shift+m:e:n:d:e:l:s:o:h:n:space:s:t:r:e:e:t:space:shift+4:shift+5:/:shift+4:enter:shift+6:shift+7:shift+8:shift+9:shift+5:space:shift+m:e:r:l:i
          Somewhat counterintuitive, but if that works then who am I to judge

Comment

Why would you have to use the Shift key to produce a number value (1 through 0)? Confused.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It might be because I'm using the BÉPO keyboard, where all figures are written with the shift key.

Comment

It might be because I'm using the BÉPO keyboard, where all figures are written with the shift key.
                That would do it, the functionality depends on the keyboard layout used.

Comment

Working...
                X