X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sound from bluetooth speaker streaming from web browser

Greetings,
    I have a Bose bt speaker connected to my laptop. Sound comes out of the speaker during testing and thru Amarok, however I am unable to hear anything if streaming from Chrome, ie internet radio, YouTube. Sound defaults to the laptop speakers. Under System Settings -> Hardware -> Mutilmedia, I have Bose set as the preferred device for Music, Video and Communication with no effect. Chrome playback is set at 100%.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------

- Kubuntu 16.04.3 64bit
    - Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90
    - Amarok Version 2.8.0 using KDE 4.14.16
    - Bose Mini SoundLink

Do you have paman and pasystem installed?
    paman allows you to browser most of PulseAudio's internals. There is support for changing volume of sinks and sink outputs.

And, you may be able to turn the volume up on internal controls, like "digital" and "Internal". Run Alsamixergui to see and adjust them. A site that deals with Pulseaudio and Alsa mixer is here.
    Last edited by GreyGeek; Aug 19, 2017, 03:40 PM.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Install pavucontrol (pulse audio volume control) package and when you run it, you can change chrome sink/output to bluetooth speaker.
      Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

just click the speaker icon in the system tray ,,,, click the applications tab ,,,,,start dragging the chrome icon ,,,drop it on the bluetooth icon

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have found a workaround that worked. It involves disconnecting / reconnecting the speaker ... https://askubuntu.com/questions/7635...n-ubuntu-16-04

It appears there is a bug reported for this issue that is allegedly fixed in 17.04 ... https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...d/+bug/1577197

Thanks again.

Update
          ----------

I did a little tinkering and found the following worked without having to disconnect / reconnect ... should have tried this in the first place
          Using default settings ...
          SystemSettings -> Hardware -> Multimedia -> Audio and Video -> Audio Hardware Setup Tab -> Hardware ... set Profile for Built In Audio sound card to OFF
          Last edited by DarkHelmet; Aug 23, 2017, 06:55 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

I'm a dummy...
            Last edited by oshunluvr; Aug 22, 2017, 06:50 AM. Reason: wasted my time replying to a spammer - <forehead smack>

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              Hi, and as I see you're new here - welcome to the forum. However, no one will be able to help you without any information. We don't know what version of Kubuntu you're using, what hardware your using, or what you've tried to fix it yourself.
              It's just spam. See my report.
              On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
                Thanks. I suspected that for a second but didn't follow up...

Please Read Me

Comment

? how do you know this ,,,,looked like a real request to me ,,,,,but I also am a dummy
                  16GB RAM

Comment

What report? Where?

#1 looked valid to me. I must be a dummy too.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      What report? Where?

A post now deleted.
                      On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                        What report? Where?

Sorry for the confusion G. It was the post formerly known as #6. Now just a distant memory...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                          Sorry for the confusion G. It was the post formerly known as #6. Now just a distant memory...
                          thats alright,,,,,,,I'll just stay confused ,,,,,,it's my normal state of being anyway

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Vinny, website STOPFORUMSPAM is a repository for spammer info. Often, a spammer will create a log in, post 2-3 random posts, then unload the spam. Usually, it's obvious - the english is bad (foreign sources usually), the post(s) is incomplete or lacking in any detail. If we notice that, we can compare the IP, email address, and username on stopforumspam. I sort of "felt" it was spamish, but bit. Once acheron pointed it out, it was obvious. There was even a reference to the source on stopforumspam, so they've been banned and I deleted all the posts.

Please Read Me

Comment

Stop Forum Spam has been an invaluable tool for me over the past several years as I am an admin on another forum. As oshunluvr stated, there are usually obvious signs but, to be able to verify one is a SPAMMER, and remove them before they SPAM you is always nice.
                              If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
                              X