This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectacle replacement?

Spectacle crashes every single time I try to use it. I want it gone. I'd like to install Ksnapshot but it isn't in the repository. Is there anything else I can use that isn't tied to another DE?

shutter is a GTK-based screenshooter; scrot is a command-line only utility. Both are pretty cool
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

I'll try Shutter, then. Thanks!

Comment

Ksnapshot is in the universe repo ,,,,,,,,

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by LNXlady View Post
          I'll try Shutter, then. Thanks!
          Anytime - but I've had no issues with spectacle and I use it fairly often. Want us to help you try to fix it?
          we see things not as they are, but as we are.
          -- anais nin

Comment

No thanks, not if I can install ksnapshot. I've got the Universe repo enabled it looks like but I still don't find ksnapshot.

Comment

Just checked here, and ksnapshot is available for installation in my 16.10 installation.

Make sure that you have ALL Kubuntu Software sources checked in Software Sources (Muon Package Manager > Settings > Configure Software Sources) and that you have Canonical Partners checked (Muon Package Manager > Settings > Configure Software Sources > Other Software).
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                Just checked here, and ksnapshot is available for installation in my 16.10 installation.

Make sure that you have ALL Kubuntu Software sources checked in Software Sources (Muon Package Manager > Settings > Configure Software Sources) and that you have Canonical Partners checked (Muon Package Manager > Settings > Configure Software Sources > Other Software).
                I don't have Muon Package Manager. Should I? It seems to have come with something horrible called Discover which doesn't usually work and which I don't use, and Synaptic, which I do use. There is no Muon.

Comment

Muon Package Manager is not installed 'by default', which so many of us decry, as Discover is simply crap, IMO, and others would agree. You can use Synaptic to verify that the items I cited are checked (active). IF THEY ARE, then ksnapshot can be installed, whether via Synaptic or from the CLI.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Muon Package Manager is not installed 'by default', which so many of us decry, as Discover is simply crap, IMO, and others would agree. You can use Synaptic to verify that the items I cited are checked (active). IF THEY ARE, then ksnapshot can be installed, whether via Synaptic or from the CLI.
                    Here is a screenshot of my repos. It looks like the ones you mentioned are checked. Am I overlooking something?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshotrepos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	643444

Comment

just try this from the command line

Code:
                      sudo apt install muon ksnapshot
                      that should install both muon (the package manager ) and ksnapshot for you . you might still have to set keyboard shortcuts for it in system settings -> shortcuts -> global shortcuts
                      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
                        just try this from the command line

Code:
                        sudo apt install muon ksnapshot
                        that should install both muon (the package manager ) and ksnapshot for you . you might still have to set keyboard shortcuts for it in system settings -> shortcuts -> global shortcuts
                        Thank you, but it didn't work. I got

E: Unable to locate package ksnapshot

Comment

oh well then just install muon and then use muon to look for ksnapshot
                          Code:
                           sudo apt install muon
                          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
                          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
                            oh well then just install muon and then use muon to look for ksnapshot
                            Code:
                             sudo apt install muon
                            I tried that, too. When I search for ksnapshot, it just shows me kde-spectacle.

Comment

Launch Muon Package Manager and check the settings I identified in post #7.

Comment

Working...
                              X