This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help the Idiot

One of those text files should be a "read me". It should tell how how to install the files. If you find it post it here and some one will help you along.

You should see something like: ./filename or sh

You will have to install from konsole.
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

If its any help.....

Mine just worked "out of the box" but I did need to tell it to find my wireless LAN.  I pressed the K thing in the bottom left, selected "Internet", then selected "wireless assistant" then it was just a case of filling in a few boxes and bingo.

Best I can do.

Tonyblair
      Many thanks,<br /><br />Tony, Cherie and the kids (no, not really....!)

Comment

Originally posted by eriefisher
        First sudo aptitude pppoeconf
        this makes sure you have the necessary packages
        Then sudo pppoeconf
        follow the setup instuctions

Never used it myself but it might be a start
        If you are trying to INSTALL pppoeconf using aptitude you must:
        sudo aptitude install pppoeconf
        then you can configure it:
        sudo aptitude pppoeconf

Comment

It sounds like you may have a Linux zipped file on the CD. A common Linux zip format is called tar.gz. It stands for tape archive gzip. Look on Google or in this form for a primer on how to unzip a tar file. In the tar file you will probably fond a readme or a doc file with the setup and install instructions.
          Basically I can tell you how to unzip a tar file. In the Konsole terminal program type the following:
          tar -zxvf thenameofyourfile.tar.gz. Substitute the name of your file where I put thenameofyourfile. It will end in tar.gz if it is a tar file.
          After the tar file is unpacked you will see a list of files. One should be as I said, readme or doc.
          Kubuntu Netbook 10.04 on Asus EeePC 701, Lubuntu 10.04 and OpenSuse 11.3 on USB sticks,&nbsp; Ubuntu 10.04 and WinXP on desktop.

Comment

Working...
          X