This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] UI Very big after installing Nvidia proprietary driver

Hi! I recently installed Kubuntu and I also installed the Nvidia proprietary drivers in driver manager.
    After installing the driver, I rebooted the system and immediately noticed everything in the UI was much bigger. The taskbar, the application launcher and even the window manager's gotten bigger.

OS Info:
    Kubuntu Release: 20.10
    KDE Plasma version: 5.19.5
    KDE Frameworks version: 5.74.0

Hardware Info:
    CPU:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU
    GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
    RAM:
    8GB

In System Settings --> Display and Monitor --> Display Configuration, what is the Global Scale setting? If it is not at the left edge (100%) of the slider you can reduce it.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      In System Settings --> Display and Monitor --> Display Configuration, what is the Global Scale setting? If it is not at the left edge (100%) of the slider you can reduce it.
      Hi GreyGeek, I just checked the setting, the slider is at 100%. I can't reduce it to lower values.

Comment

What is the actual screen resolution in System Settings set to?
        Also look at what things are set to in the Nvidia settings application.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          What is the actual screen resolution in System Settings set to?
          Also look at what things are set to in the Nvidia settings application.
          Hello claydoh, the screen resolution in System settings is set to 1920x1080 (16:9), this is also the same in Nvidia's server settings which are also set at 1920x1080. The DPI is given as 143x144.

Comment

Hi, I just wanted to mention I solved the problem, it was just the "Force font DPI" option I had to check so it forces the DPI to be at 92. Thank you all for your support.

Comment

I was just gonna say it sounds like a DPI problem. Glad you figured it out.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X