• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[System] Issues related to hotkeys

Kubuntu: 20.04
    KDE Plasma: 5.18.5

Issues pertaining to shortcuts

1. Superkey does no longer launch the application launcher/menu task (or whatever the terminology is). At the moment Kubuntu was a clean install, it seemed to work just fine.
    2. Assigned hotkeys to Virtual desktops do not persist. Launching the configuration of a particular virtual desktop a second time will show no assigned hotkey, if one was assigned the first time

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by Karpington View Post
    Kubuntu: 20.04
    KDE Plasma: 5.18.5

Issues pertaining to shortcuts

1. Superkey does no longer launch the application launcher/menu task (or whatever the terminology is). At the moment Kubuntu was a clean install, it seemed to work just fine.
    2. Assigned hotkeys to Virtual desktops do not persist. Launching the configuration of a particular virtual desktop a second time will show no assigned hotkey, if one was assigned the first time

Any thoughts?
    Does https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...plication-menu fix your first problem?
    For me no shortcut for the application launcher works.

EDIT: If the answer above doesn't help, you can assign Alt + F1 to the application launcher directly. (right click on the icon > Configure Application Launcher... > Keyboard Shortcuts)
    Then it also opens with the meta/windows key.

EDIT2: Well it fixed it for a while, but after a reboot it doesn't work anymore. If I try to set the setting in the application launcher directly now, it just doesn't stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Karpington View Post
      Kubuntu: 20.04...
      Any thoughts?
      IMO, and IME, the shortcuts handling is buggy.

I've had some ... if not success, relief, maybe, by resetting ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc by renaming it to kglobalsshortcutsrc.old. Then after log out, log in, it gets recreated and things work again. I can't remember if logging out recreates it in a buggy state, and logging in via a Linux console (Ctrl-Alt-F2, Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get back to the GUI) to rename it is necessary. Then, I carefully set the shortcuts I need without mucking around, and sometimes it sticks.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
      X