This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Dual boot

I was trying to dual boot Kubuntu with Win 10 Pro and during the installation got this message "Currently has no detected OS" which threw me for a bit of a loop.
    I have 398 Gb free.
    I guess my question now is, if I try to install Kubuntu on my machine using the entire disk will I run into issues during the install process ?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Are you attempting to install Kubuntu on the same physical drive that Windows is installed on?

Comment

Originally posted by rusty62 View Post
      I was trying to dual boot Kubuntu with Win 10 Pro and during the installation got this message "Currently has no detected OS" which threw me for a bit of a loop.
      I have 398 Gb free.
      I guess my question now is, if I try to install Kubuntu on my machine using the entire disk will I run into issues during the install process ?

Thanks,
      Bruce
      There are some smart people who post here and I'm not one of them but the first thing I would do is get a copy of GParted and boot into it. It will show you what's on your hard drive, e.g. partitions, operating systems. If you turn the Kubuntu installer loose on your entire disk, you may overwrite Win 10 and that would be a significant issue, me thinks.
      "Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas."
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

See Qqmike's Dual Boot Your Existing Windows 8/10 with Kubuntu How To Guide.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

IMO, if you really want Windows10 only occasionally, let Kubuntu have the hardware and install Windows in a VM

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by mick.kde View Post
            There are some smart people who post here and I'm not one of them but the first thing I would do is get a copy of GParted and boot into it. It will show you what's on your hard drive, e.g. partitions, operating systems. If you turn the Kubuntu installer loose on your entire disk, you may overwrite Win 10 and that would be a significant issue, me thinks.
            Sounds pretty smart to me...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X