Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto-hide taskbar behaviour when desktop gets loaded. Is it intended?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Widgets] Auto-hide taskbar behaviour when desktop gets loaded. Is it intended?

Hello.

Kubuntu 19.10+ backports PPA

My inxi output:

https://pastebin.com/Ajpnq14J

Task-bar is set to auto-hide

When Kubuntu loads the desktop there is neither a taskbar nor empty space down there, just a horizontal "bar" or something without any icons or anything. When I move my mouse over it the real taskbar appears.

Expected behaviour when first loading the desktop environment: either a taskbar is visible or it is not.

Is this intended or a bug? If it is intended, where can I change this behaviour?

So you're saying the taskbar background is showing all the time, but not the taskbar and applets?

I'm not seeing that here. Have you tried changing themes to see if it's theme related?

Please Read Me

Comment

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

It's not showing all the time. The background (without the icon on the left and icons on the right) shows when desktop gets loaded for the first time (after a reboot or signing out, or whatever)). After I move my mouse to the bottom, the taskbar appears and then it starts working as intended.

I'll try changing themes tomorrow, I don't have access to this PC atm.

Comment

OK, this is what I observe now with Kubuntu theme and network notification enabled upon desktop loading.;

1) Kubuntu desktop gets loaded
        2) A taskbar gets audo-hidden and sometimes it starts flickering until a pop up notification (network connected) disappears. it doesn't happen always though

PS I switched to breeze theme (dark) and the bug I was talking about in the first post doesn't seem to be happening anymore
        Last edited by Semel; Feb 06, 2020, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X