This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apetech View Post
    jg - standalone browser means you can have different browser configs - I use one for work related stuff with relevant bookmarks etc, and another for personal use. It's trivially easy to set up in windows, but here with linux it's taking me some work, due I imagine to the fact that my command line skills are poor. I'm learning some things, so it works out fine. Thanks for askin
    You're welcome. And for what it's worth, have you considered just setting up another user such as /home/liam-work, or perhaps you switch back and forth too much to log in and log out constantly - just a thought, and Don's pkexec suggestion may just be simpler.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Success - with 1 click I can now run my 2 different browser instances. I was approaching this the wrong way/the harder way. Once I understood the right way to approach it, it was pretty easy, I didn't need any bash scripting or anything - I learned some things that I can use though, so taking the long way around was o.k.

Don - I made a .desktop file that points to the simple bash script I made to open my bitlocker drive - I click it, and it pops up and asks my password, then opens the drive, so i'm squared on that.

The things I wanted to accomplish have been done, thanks so much to you guys for taking the time to help me out

Comment

Originally posted by apetech View Post
        I didn't need any bash scripting or anything - I learned some things that I can use though, so taking the long way around was o.k.
        Well, as I said in my first reply, "In fact, you can skip the .sh file altogether and paste ./vivaldi --user-data-dir=profile & exit into the "Command" field directly, but it's good to learn a bit about shell scripts anyway "

Click image for larger version

Name:	icon_smile_hello.gif
Views:	2
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	644483

Comment

Just in time for the New Year - at least here!
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Thanks again gentlemen

Comment

Working...
            X