This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konsole has transparent lines running through it

I installed kubuntua few months ago and ever since then konsole has had these annoying, invisible lines running through it. It only happens when I start typing, or am in vim and move the cursor up the page. I can't screenshot it, because when I try to screenshot it with spectacle it resets, and the lines dissappear. I like console, but I can't stand these lines. My solution up until now was to just change the transparency so it would be less noticable, but it's really annoying me now. I've searched for solutions, but haven't even found threads mentioning the issue. Any help is appreciated.

You might try the reset command, or check your terminal mapping:

https://linux.die.net/man/1/reset
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

reset doesn't fix the issue. Maybe I did it wrong, but I still have the issue of lines be completely transparent as if the window isn't even being drawn where the are.

Comment

Could you please describe your problem more fully?

I'm thinking "How can invisible lines be annoying?". Are they vertical or horizontal? How wide are they? Or are they lines of text you should see, but don't?

Do they happen in gvim, or is it just vim in a konsole? What konsole profile settings are you using? Is there something running in the background?

You mentioned transparency; are you using transparent konsole windows? If so, cool, how do you do that?

xterm can be some work to get it running the way you like, but you can, and it's less buggy than konsole or other terminal emulators. ("What, konsole buggy? Works fine for me" I can already hear the chorus singing; but their use is not very testing of the completeness of the emulation.)

Regards, John Little
        Regards, John Little

Comment

This could be due to using display scaling on certain screens. Try changing the scaling factor or font dpi.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a theme or rendering issue. Change themes and/or change rendering engines and see if it goes away.

Please Read Me

Comment

Changing the scaling was the solution. For some reason I had my scaling set to 1.1 and never noticed.

Comment

Working...
              X