Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will there be a extra version GRUB2 for laptops the ACER Aspire ES1-732-C078 ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Utilities] When will there be a extra version GRUB2 for laptops the ACER Aspire ES1-732-C078 ?

Hello!

Now there's no way to install GRUB2 on the laptop the ACER Aspire ES1-732-C078.

Laptop frozen on try install grub-efi-amd64 or REFInd and there is a looping process: sudo dpkg -configure -a -> Laptop frozen -> I click the button on the keyboard Shut Down and Startup -> sudo dpkg --configure -a -> Laptop frozen -> I click the button on the keyboard Shut Down and Startup.

Make salvage

sudo dpkg -P grub-efi-amd64 grub-efi-amd64-signed grub-efi-amd64-bin.

For start Kubuntu, I use the bootloader systemd-bootx64.efi.

When will there be an alternative GRUB2 that will work on laptops the ACER Aspire?

Originally posted by alexandr-makukhin View Post
    When will there be an alternative GRUB2 that will work on laptops the ACER Aspire?
    No.

GRUB2 works fine on my Acer machine, and all the others. You either haven't prepared your hard drive properly or you've mixed EFI and non-EFI boot loaders.

Please Read Me

Comment

grub2 has worked on all my Acer machines in the past though I don't have one at the moment.
      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

How to configure BIOS for Linux?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_18-07-05_20-48-52.png
Views:	1
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	643916Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_18-07-05_20-51-29.png
Size:	605.0 KB
ID:	643917Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_18-07-05_20-53-28.png
Size:	631.4 KB
ID:	643918

Comment

On the Boot screen, can you change the Boot Mode: entry? If so, what entries does it offer?
          The next brick house on the left
          Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

No. The Boot Mode it is not active.

Comment

Originally posted by alexandr-makukhin View Post
              No. The Boot Mode it is not active.
              Opposite the "Boot Mode:" is the word "UEFI" in square brackets. Are you saying that you can't select that control and change it? (to "Legacy")
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                Opposite the "Boot Mode:" is the word "UEFI" in square brackets. Are you saying that you can't select that control and change it? (to "Legacy")
                Yes, that's right.
                Only one option: UEFI.

Comment

I see that you have no GPT partition record. Have you attempted to use the partition manager to use GPT and create a GPT partition and format it during installation?
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I in the KDE Partition Manager delete Partition the Endless OS and create partition ext4 for Kubuntu. GRUB2 was not installed and the system froze.

Comment

Working...
                    X