Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kubuntu 18.04 Need Command Line Script to set up Keyboard Shortcut to open Konsole

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Kubuntu 18.04 go to Settings/System Settings/Shortcuts/Global shortcuts (click on it), Then look on the bottom left for a plus sign. Click it, locate "Any app" you wish to make a keyboard shortcut for. In your case locate under the system submenu "konsole" click on it, then a dialog box should pop up to click on the shortcut you wish to use. I used ctrl,alt,T. then I made another shortcut for my web browser, by just clicking the plus symbol again to add another shortcut. Just be careful not to use ones that are already being used but it's my guess that plasma is smart enough to warn you if you are. I wouldn't recommend changing any of the default shortcuts. Hope the works for you and helps key me up if it doesn't.

Almost forgot , make sure you click "Apply" after each shortcut is ready, or it won't take.
    Last edited by Antifreeze; Dec 19, 2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antifreeze View Post
      Just be careful not to use ones that are already being used but it's my guess that plasma is smart enough to warn you if you are.
      +1 but be careful with key combos used in other programs. If you assign them in Plasma, they may not work in the other program. Example: I use Ctrl+Space to launch krunner. LibreOffice Calc uses Ctrl+Space to select a column. So I lost the second function because I really like Ctrl+Space for krunner.
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

No one but me using xmodmap and modified keymaps?

I'm just old school I guess...

Please Read Me

Comment

It would have been nice to know if twothumber ever got it to work.
          If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
          X