X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

run a GUI session as root?

Hello,
    I need to be able to run a full GUI session as root in the latest kubuntu (18.xx LTS).
    I understand this is a bad idea and I take full responsibility for any damage I cause to my installation.
    I won't be using the root account all the time, only for certain things- all of which can certainly be done using sudo or su from a terminal- but I'd rather use a full GUI session while doing so.
    And I won't keep the internet connected while logged in as root.
    If this information cannot be provided in public, please send me an email (I have opted to receive emails from moderators while signing up).
    The distro I currently use (opensuse leap 42.3) allows a full GUI session as root, and I haven't broken it even once while running as root- of course I do it very rarely, but the point is, if I'm careful enough, I can run a GUI session as root. And Linux is all about freedom (as in free speech)- I should be able to use my system the way I want to- even if it's a bad way- isn't it?
    Thank you..

This also has an air of déjà vu. I think it's been posted before using another forum name.

Here: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ession-as-root
    Last edited by chimak111; May 31, 2018, 04:30 AM.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Spammers are not too creative, are they?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

If they were creative (implying 'smart'), they'd be hackers.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Indeed!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X