Am I really a new guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I really a new guy?

I might be a new guy today, like taking a shower and feeling fresh and ready for a "new" day. However, I used Ubuntu back in the early 2000s with a colored iMac (it took me 3 cds to install it), then I experimented around and I liked Kubuntu back in 2012. Now, over 10 years later, I still remember Kubuntu. I tried Lubuntu. It wasn't enough for me. I stuck with Xubuntu. Then, 2 years ago, my screen froze. I had to choose. Kubuntu or Linux Mint? I chose Linux Mint. Now I am here, trying to decide. Linux Mint, or :::drum roll::: Kubuntu? Am I ready to get rid of this? Try Kubuntu again (after 10+ years)? Please let me know.

You can run Kubuntu from a USB stick to try it, that's the best way to see whether you'd like it or not.

Comment

Trying Kubuntu is easy on live usb. That should give you a feel for it. I used Mint for many years and still have one machine on it. but always like KDE DE. Which as you know is not available on Mint any longer. So use Kubuntu and KDE-neon now. In any event welcome to the forum. Enjoy the journey where ever it takes you.
      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

The issue is I need to save my data. I have a few years on here and to be honest, Linux Mint is working fine. It's not like the days where I would get frustrated with XP and install Kubuntu. Now I have real estate to consider.

Comment

How much data? What storage devices are available and what is their capacity? What filesystem are you using in Mint?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerprowlusa View Post
            The issue is I need to save my data. I have a few years on here and to be honest, Linux Mint is working fine. It's not like the days where I would get frustrated with XP and install Kubuntu. Now I have real estate to consider.
            Not really possible to give advice without any information. At a minimum drive, partition, and file system layout.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X