This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 bit to 64bit upgrade

Hi guys i installed a 32 bit ver instead of the x64 ver i should have installed i dident notice untill i had installed all my apps and made them changes added widgets etc.

is it possible to upgrade without wipeing everything out.

or is the only option a clean installation

ATB Yoda

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Tutorials:
    Yoda's ownCloud Installation on Kubuntu 20.04

You can not upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit.. you will need to do a clean install.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      You can not upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit.. you will need to do a clean install.
      thanks bro is there an app that can back up all my changes and installed apps im not to bothered about the apps its just my settings and personalised the system?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
      Tutorials:
      Yoda's ownCloud Installation on Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I'm not sure, but maybe you should read https://askubuntu.com/questions/9135...alled-packages
        Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

It depends on how you set up your system . If you made a seperate /home partition durring set up you can use that same /home partition when you install 64bit . On *nix systems (such as linux) your home folder /home/<username> is where all your personal settings are stored. So as long as you use the same username and reuse that /home partition you will not lose your personal settings. That along with dpkg method in the link above will let you get you system back up in no time.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
          X