Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to partition disk after Kubuntu instalation

Greetings everyone,
    Yesterday I made switch from Windows 10 to Kubuntu 22.04.3 LTS as my first Linux and I love it so far.
    Since all my important data is on external HDD I used whole internal 240 GB SSD for instalation.
    To heave a peace of mind I want to create another 50 GB partition on SSD to store my data before it is transfered to external drive.
    I guess I will be using KDE Partition Manager but I don't want to mess something up so I'm seeking for asistance.

Here's my PC specifications; Kubuntu runs great on such dated hardware.

For starters, show your current drive/partition setup. You an open KDE Partition Manager and post a screen shot.

If your install is taking up the whole hard drive, you will need to boot to a LiveUSB device because you cannot resize most partition type while they are mounted. Then a utility like GParted can resize the partition an create a second one. Gparted has a LiveUSB release which can provide all you need to undertake this.

If you selected BTRFS as your file system when you did you installation, you will not need to do the above part, so lets see your current setup first...

Please Read Me

Comment

To add to the above, KDE Partition Manager is on the Kubuntu live USB, so that can be used for the purpose as well

Comment

Working...
      X