• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help !!!

Hi, forum

I'm new and I wanted to try Kubuntu.

Please help !!!

I install Kubuntu 22.04 LTS in an external HDD. To have win 10 system on the laptop internal SSD and Kubuntu in the external hdd . I unplugged the HDD, and then when I try to reboot with F12 I Sow my win SSD and Ubuntu as options to boot, but Invariably if I choose my win 10 ssd or Ubuntu always the bios boot in a black screen with this:

GNU GRUB v 2.06

Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB list possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB list possible device or file completions.

grub>_

​how I could reboot on win 10 again?😥😥😥

Have I to plug the external HDD?

What I have to write on grub>_ to regain access to windows?😥

My Laptop i'ts a Dell Latitude 8 gb ram and 256 gb SSD core i7.

Could some one help me to return to win 10? I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you very much for your help, I'm desperate.

Pinte

​

You're more likely to get help if the title of your thread is meaningful. "Please Help" almost guarantees most people will just pass over it. Consider clicking on the link in my sig and reading the post there.

Seems that you installed GRUB to the internal hard drive and wiped out the Windows boot record. Likely if you re-attached the external drive and are able to boot, Windows will be in the GRUB boot menu.

I recommend booting to Kubuntu again, from Kubuntu re-install GRUB to the external drive. Then boot back to Windows and repair the boot record on the internal drive once Windows is running. I don't use Windows, but I'm sure there's some way to fix the Windows boot record once you're running Windows.

Please Read Me

Comment

If Windows does not appear on the Grub menu when you boot with the external drive is plugged in, the "OS prober" is disabled and you could enable it by editing /etc/default/grub to have the line:
      Code:
      GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false
      ​
      (note no #) then run sudo update-grub.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Don't forget that you can also try changing the boot order in your BIOS to make Windows the first selection. You also should have hotkeys for one-time boot device selection. If your Windows boot files are still present, you should be able to get back into Windows.

Comment

Thank you very much to all, I don't know how but I arrives to retry the win 10. But now I don't connect the kubuntu external drive any more. The kubuntu was very extrange behavior ony laptop. It's touchscreen and kubuntu only respond to it. But not to the mouse or touchpad. Then it's really difficult to use it only with the touchscreen as it's small. In the others Linux flavors I always find gpart to choose the partition to install it, but only in kubuntu it's missing. Maybe in the future have any of you a suggestion of other Linux that's close to kubuntu to try?

sorry for my title I'm new in forums.

Comment

Working...
          X