Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Is It Too Late To Respond To A Post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Is It Too Late To Respond To A Post?

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this question. I was wondering when it is considered too late to respond to a post even if the subject matter was still relevant today? I have seen old posts that were on a topic that was a few years old but it was the only one I saw on this subject. Is it considered proper or OK to respond to an old post? Maybe this is a question that I should be asking the administrators?

You might not be able to respond. Old threads are locked. You can however, cite the post in a new thread.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

IMO, if the post topic is still relevant and you have new info to add to the topic, then post away.

Generally, if a thread has out-lived it's usefulness we'll probably lock it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for answering Snowhog and oshunluvr. From what I gather then it’s probably OK to answer to older post that might be several months old and if it’s locked, just start a new thread and mention the fact that I’m referring to an earlier post. I have a post in particular (that I’m referring to) that is about updating hardware on a Lenovo Laptop and this is right down my alley.

Comment

Currently, Threads that haven't been posted to in 360 days are automatically locked (CLOSED). That said, if one want's to reply/post to a CLOSED Thread, just contact us (Administrators) and we can unlock it.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X