Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like no support for display monitors with 1600x900 resolution.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Monitors] Looks like no support for display monitors with 1600x900 resolution.

Greetings all, I downloaded v23.04 but can’t use it. It is missing the display resolution for my 23” Asus monitor.
    Developers, please send out a fix for this including the display resolution of 1600x900 so I can upgrade to the v23.04 release.
    Trying to upgrade to the v23.04 level form the previous 22.x level fails. Was the missing screen resolution do for some sort of reason?
    Can’t use Kubuntu any longer has to switch back to MX as a shadow.
    Please fix as soon as possible. Thanks

Welcome.

This is likely not the place where "all the developers whose code could be the cause" hang out…
    You will have to narrow down the cause and - if you cannot find a solution - possibly write a bug report at the suitable place.

But you could start with posting e.g. CPU, graphics card, if you use X11 or Wayland, how your monitor is connected to the computer and how exactly you did what. Perhaps the forum members can help finding a solution.
    And perhaps without all the underlining
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Jul 25, 2023, 12:00 PM. Reason: typos
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

From my 23.04 install:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230725_133350.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.5 KB ID:	672789

It doesn't appear to be a developer problem.

Please Read Me

Comment

My HP g7-1070us Notebook PC has a native 1600x900 display, and Kubuntu 23.04 supports that just fine.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X