X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Settings] Drop-Down Menu Font and Background Color

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Kubuntu and I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue that I'm having with drop-down menu fonts and background colors. Certain menus have incorrectly set font colors and I can't find how to change those settings. I attached images of two different drop-down menus, one in Idle3 and one in the Plasma wallpaper selection menu. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it, as the issue is preventing me from using auto-complete in Idle3. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/JB0rS

What theme and "Look and Feel"?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      What theme and "Look and Feel"?
      I'm using Breeze Dark in Look And Feel and Breeze Dark for Desktop Theme

Comment

Try different color schemes in System Settings, Appearance, Color.

My favourite color scheme for many years has been "Norway" as I prefer a light straw background rather than grey.

You may have to logout/in or restart to get the colours to properly reset themselves. You could also try editing the color scheme(s) to correct the problem too.

I find the Plasma 5 themes a little 'flakey' as they seem to be easily screwed up somehow. I have been playing around with Mint 18.2 KDE lately and I lost the default Mint theme somehow. It shows in the Desktop Themes section but it's somehow cross linked with another theme I installed and I can't get it to go back to the installed original ... really weird problem. It may be the result of installing KDE4 themes or something else I've done.
        Last edited by Rod J; Oct 26, 2017, 05:42 AM.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by jtimperio View Post
          ... Certain menus have incorrectly set font colors and I can't find how to change those settings. ...
          Maybe it's because idle3 uses the Tkinter GUI toolkit? Have you looked at options built into idle3 itself?
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
          X