This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sgx disabled by bios

I have asus vivobook X540ma and when i boot from kubuntu i receive this error:

x86/cpu: SGX disabled by BIOS
    Unable to find a medium container a live file system​

I search a lot my bios and i didn't find anywhere "SGX" plus something to enable it. Can this solved installing the driver from konsole?

Is it an error, or just messaging? if the system is otherwise functioning properly, this is just a 'cosmetic' issue, and not a real problem.
    SGX=Intel Software Guard Extension. it is not necessary, and not all systems have settings in the Bios for it.

The second message could mean many things. A bad USB port, a bad USB stick, or badly written ISO image. You might have to tweak other settings related to USB devices, booting, and settings as well.

Comment

Not every message rises to the level of "Error" and I don't think this one does. It's closer to "Info" IMO.

"SGX" it stands for "Intel Software Guard Extensions"

You can check your BIOS again for that, or add "nosgx" to your kernel boot line to suppress the message, or just ignore it.

Originally posted by Goldenspot View Post
      Unable to find a medium container a live file system​
      Maybe "containing" a live file system? This is usually related to a USB device that's connected. Sometimes they report they are a fixed rather than removable device. If you have a USB stick in while booting and get this message, try rebooting with it out.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X