X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As what jlittle said, you could also try moving or renaming or deleting
    ~/.config/kwinrc
    if you think edits you made to that file are causing the problem and log out and login again to see if that has any effect.

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
      Ok, as the other posters have assumed, that's "Delete" key on my keyboards. The laptop I'm using at the moment has "Home", "End", "Insert", and "Delete" keys where you have "del", "home", and "end".

Sometimes I've found the shortcut handling getting lost and confused until I reset it. A blunt instrument approach is to rename .config/kglobalshortcutsrc to something like .config/kglobalshortcutsrc.bak, and log out and back in; a fresh file is generated, the same as that for a new user I presume.
      I renamed the files and restarted. New files were generated but "del" has the same behavior as I posted in the video, I put the old configs into the new files to restore my shortcuts and restarted, everythings linke before.

Do you have any more ideas or a idea what the "del" key is doing in the video?
      Last edited by dawode; Jun 09, 2022, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I think I have to do a fresh install. I would have never thought that the "del" key is that often used .

Comment

I got it solved. The "indicator-sound-switcher" was blocking the key with "del" used as a shortcut - key. I think i typed "del" instead of "backspace" while trying to delete a shortcut. I blame my keybord < 100% for that . Thank you for your help guys!

Comment

That is usually the cause of a functional key like delete or backspace or space not working correctly, being mapped as a shortcut in an app or system-wide. Glad you were able to track it down and hopefully learned something in the process!

Comment

After one year with kubuntu, the leraning curve is getting steeper. Is there a tool were I can check for system wide shortcuts? Something like
              Code:
              xev -event keyboard
              but with the "output" what its trying to do or what app is adressed?

Comment

That I am not aware of. I only know of the system settings shortcut menu. I try to keep them to a minimum. The only thing I have ever changed is to restore shift+insert to paste into the integrated terminal when pressing f4 in dolphin. That was difficult to figure out because it kept saying the shortcut was ambiguous and wouldn't take. Finally figured it out somehow. Was only allowing me to paste with mouse or ctrl+v or middle mouse wheel.
                If you find a way to manually edit shortcuts, great. I am thinking the text file jlittle referred to earlier might be editable?

Comment

Working...
                X