Noto Color Emoji

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Noto Color Emoji

I am working on Kubuntu 22.04 LTS. It has been observed that with some GUI was not opening due to the Font Type Noto Color Emoji. Disabling this the GUI was successfully opened.
    executing the command

# display /usr/share/fonts/truetype/noto/NotoColorEmoji.ttf

Result:
    unable to read font `/tmp/magick-8NkJdrn3QxnVQQtkhvTzrKd9bDXlxihn' @ error/annotate.c/RenderFreetype/1481.
    non-conforming drawing primitive definition `text' @ error/draw.c/RenderMVGContent/4404.

Opens a blank page without any content.
    Last edited by linom; May 19, 2022, 03:45 AM.

Does
    Code:
    sudo apt install fonts-noto-color-emoji
    have any effect?

Comment

The package is already installed.

Comment

So reinstalling it has no effect?

Comment

Double check System Settings>Appearance>Fonts to make sure Noto Color Emoji is NOT selected as any of the fonts.If it is, change it. If not then at least you have eleminated that as a problem.

Comment

Uninstalled and then reinstalled the package but has no effect.

Comment

Originally posted by rab0171610 View Post
              Double check System Settings>Appearance>Fonts to make sure Noto Color Emoji is NOT selected as any of the fonts.If it is, change it. If not then at least you have eleminated that as a problem.
              I have already tested it by disabling it and it worked. Concern is whether there is any bug in the NotoColorEmoji.ttf.

Comment

Its an emoji font intended to be used by apps that can make use of it, such as Chrome or instant messengers. It is not intended to be enabled as a System wide font.
                So you want help seeking out confirmation of a possible bug? I think your problem is solved.
                https://issuetracker.google.com/issu...ColorEmoji.ttf
                This is their issue tracker. You are welcome to search there for bugs related to this specific package.
                Last edited by rab0171610; May 18, 2022, 04:21 AM.

Comment

So you want help seeking out confirmation of a possible bug? I think your problem is solved.
                  https://issuetracker.google.com/issu...ColorEmoji.ttf
                  This is their issue tracker. You are welcome to search there for bugs related to this specific package.
                  Solution was a work around by disabling. If it is a bug and is currently part of the OS, then it is better to be corrected.

Comment

Again, its an emoji font intended to be used by apps that can make use of it, such as Chrome or instant messengers. It is not intended to be enabled as a System wide font.

Comment

If you feel there might be a possible bug the appropriate place to look and post is Ubuntu bug tracker:
                      https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu

Comment

If you feel there might be a possible bug the appropriate place to look and post is Ubuntu bug tracker:
                        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu
                        Thank you

Comment

FWIW, display/usr/share/fonts/truetype/noto/NotoColorEmoji.ttf gives the same result, a blank screen, for me. I suspect that this is by design, in that Imagemagick displays ASCII, and the font doesn't have it.
                          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                            FWIW, display/usr/share/fonts/truetype/noto/NotoColorEmoji.ttf gives the same result, a blank screen, for me. I suspect that this is by design, in that Imagemagick displays ASCII, and the font doesn't have it.
                            Exactly. If users want to manage this font for some reason they would need to use fontconfig.

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                              But when i execute the same command i.e. NotoColorEmoji.ttf (copied from kubuntu OS) on Debian (jessie), it does open with content on the screen (with all the contents) but with errors displayed on the terminal.

I believe this might affect some GUI (developed in QT) when starting if this font is enabled.
                              Last edited by linom; May 19, 2022, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X