Cpu Frequency indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cpu Frequency indicator

In gnome/unity I've always used a cpu frequency indicator/extension which allowed me to choose specific power profiles or speeds. Can anyone recommend something similar in Kubuntu (21.10)? I have tried cpupower-gui but it didn't seem to work as it kept crashing and the task bar applet didn't have any options.

Can't speak for that app being a GTK vs. QT. Probably why it's crashing.

You're probably looking for this: https://pointieststick.com/2021/07/2...ished-kickoff/

Seems it require 5.12 kernel or greater and Plasma 5.23. I'm still using 5.11 so not seeing this.

Please Read Me

Comment

I have indicator-cpufreq it sits in the status bar and can be right clicked to change profile or to select one of a number of frequencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
        I have indicator-cpufreq it sits in the status bar and can be right clicked to change profile or to select one of a number of frequencies.
        Thanks, this seems like the same thing and seems to work. Only gives me the different modes and no control over turbo boost but seems pretty good thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Can't speak for that app being a GTK vs. QT. Probably why it's crashing.

You're probably looking for this: https://pointieststick.com/2021/07/2...ished-kickoff/

Seems it require 5.12 kernel or greater and Plasma 5.23. I'm still using 5.11 so not seeing this.
          I'm running KDE Neon with the 5.13 kernel and 5.23.5 plasma and an i5 cpu. My powerdevil doesn't show all the stuff shown in that link you posted.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post

I'm running KDE Neon with the 5.13 kernel and 5.23.5 plasma and an i5 cpu. My powerdevil doesn't show all the stuff shown in that link you posted.
            Your hardware needs support for it as well. My laptop gets extra sliders, one for keyboard brightness that doesn't work lol, as well as backlight, when using the 5.13 kernel I use the keyboard hotkeys for these anyway.
            But no CPU governor switcher.

My PC gets no new sliders at all, but it is a few years old now.

Comment

Working...
            X