Falkon Browser and Kde Wallet and kwallet manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falkon Browser and Kde Wallet and kwallet manager

hi, I'm still very new to linux and Kubuntu 21.10, and trying things out. Today I installed Falkon, which seems extemely rapid and straightforward (except that i cannot find how to make it open hyperlinks in a new tab insted of closing the open tab).
    As Falkon doesn't seem to accept Bitwarden (or the other way round) i tried using Wallet and Wallet manager, and after hours of reading the Wiki, i cant make head or tail of what goes on.
    When i started, on the first couple of websites i went to, a banner asked if i wanted to save the log in info, which i did, and i have managed to find that those are saved under 'Binary Data' which i take it means they are suitably encrypted. I have also added those sites to Speeddial, and they auto fill from Speeddial just as i would expect.
    Now, manually entering user name and password into the log-in for this forum, no offer to save is made, and i cannot make sense of the 'save manually 'process in the Wiki, the same happens when i manually enter log in details on My Sky, though that requires user name and password on differnet pop ups.
    Does anyone know of a simple (or do i mean simpleton's) guide to use of KDE wallet and its manager within PLasma 5.22.5?

Falkon is not on the list of supported browsers: https://bitwarden.com/download/

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks oshunluvr for your response. Yes, i know Bitwarden won't work with Falkon, that is why i am trying to make Kwallet and its mate work. Today, i used Falkon to go to my Bank site, and it asked if i wanted to save the password, which of course i did not (not least because it is a different set of digits each log on, but then when i manually entered My Sky, it did not ask if it should save the user name and password.
      i am hoping that someone will be able to point me to a resource where i can learn how to set up and use Kwallet, as the Wiki either seems to be out of date, or beyond my knowledge to follow.
      Falkon itself, once i get used to one or two odd quirks, will i think be very worthwhile, being super fast to load and then fast in opening web sites.

Comment

it may be a bug in this browser, which has not been updated in closer to three years now.
        https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=391327

Heck, I can't get it to save a password even by changing Falkon's settings to use something other than Kwallet, even plain text.

Comment

Thanks all, having read the bugs link, it looks as though i will need to try another lightweight browser. i have regularly used Vivaldi, which is OK but rather cumbersome.

Comment

Maybe look at the SRWare Iron browser?
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You can have a lightweight browser, or you can have one with lots of features/extensions/addons.
              Finding one that splits the difference in the right spot for someone is the hard part.

Comment

Working...
              X