Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I encountered significant viscosity with KDE Connect for a while. Eventually, thanks to advice from this forum, I found that I had to uninstall and purge all the data from my phone, then set it all up again, going through the various options to set up the permissions it needed again. If I didn't clear the data, I wouldn't get the prompts to give the app the permissions it needed. Android sometimes removes permissions from apps if the app doesn't use them regularly; I'm not sure if that was part of the problem.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by keithm View Post
      So, folks, am i Swimmiing in treacle, or is there something i am missing in the Connect world?
      Keith M
      So, in the filter bar, type in the contact's name or number (or partial), then click the desired entry to slide out a compose box/message history
      I find that, possibly depending on the SMS app being used, some to many of my replies made from the phone do not show on the PC, and you do have to wake the phone up for access, depending on the Android version being used

This si KDE Connect 21.08.3, on a stock Kubuntu 21.10

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220623_073340-1.png Views:	0 Size:	33.5 KB ID:	663887

better pic below, though as it is version KDEConnect version 22.04.2 (NOT related to Kubuntu 22.04), there are some slight UI differences to what you have on Kubuntu 21.10 (21.08.1, or 21.12.2, if using the Backports PPA.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220623_074702-1.png
Views:	115
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	663888

Last edited by claydoh; Jun 23, 2022, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks again, sorry for the delay, i hadn't noticed that there was a page 2 to the thread!
        This morning i went into Connect and found 'no devices' so i went to Connect, clicked the phone for it to tell me 'device unreachable'', went to the phone, clicked the computer, and it told me 'device unreachable'.
        I fear that this app is not user friendly, so although very much appreciating your efforts to help, I cannot bring myself to waste any more time on KDE Connect.
        I am getting my fingers filed down so that i can do texting on my phone!
        Keith M

Comment

Working...
        X