This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Settings] Trouble setting suspend-then-hibernate

I've been trying to get suspend-then-hibernate to work with avail. I wanted to verify ifothers might have been stuck in the past with the same problem or if a fix is possible. At the moment, I have edited /etc/systemd/sleep.conf as followed

Code:
    [Sleep]
    AllowSuspend=yes
    AllowHibernation=yes
    AllowSuspendThenHibernate=yes
    #AllowHybridSleep=yes
    #SuspendMode=systemd-suspend-then-hybernate.service
    #SuspendState=mem standby freeze
    #HibernateMode=platform shutdown
    #HibernateState=disk
    #HybridSleepMode=suspend platform shutdown
    #HybridSleepState=disk
    HibernateDelaySec=60
    Following different recommendation online, I also tried to put a symlink for systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service in /etc/systemd/system/ with the following command:
    Code:
    ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-suspend-then-hibernate.service /etc/systemd/systemd-suspend.service
    The problem I get seems to be that, it kinda works, but the computer isn't able to trigger the wake and hibernate sequence. I think that is the problem, because my computer will stay in suspend state as long as I wait, but as soon as I lift the lid (if the timer expired I did some testing) the computer then goes to hibernate.

I'm really stuck now, I have no idea where to go from there.

Not really my area, but Arch always has the best Wikis: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pow..._and_hibernate

If I'm reading your complaint correctly, when you say "kinda works" you mean it suspends when you close the lid, but never hibernates, until it's un-suspended by lifting the lid, then it hibernates - just when you want it would wake up.

I did see some comments relating to having too many options in the sleep.conf. Like you have

AllowSuspend=yes
    AllowHibernation=yes

when it maybe should be

#AllowSuspend=yes
    #AllowHibernation=yes

Please Read Me

Comment

AllowSuspend=yes
      AllowHibernation=yes
      I changed these setting recently to check if it would change the result, but didn't. I reverted to test, still same result. I need to manually open the lid to get to hibernate.

Comment

Also might be of value: https://www.linuxuprising.com/2021/0...on-ubuntu.html
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X