Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to set my lock screen? (not login screen)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Is there a way to set my lock screen? (not login screen)

Hi all,

I recently changed from Ubuntu to Kubuntu.
    My login screen is nice and normal as per the following settings:

Meanwhile, my lock screen looks like this:

In the screen locking settings, you can set the wallpaper, but that does nothing here. It's still just black.

Cheers!
    ---
    Operating System: Kubuntu 20.04
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.18.5

Have you tried this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211110_070718.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	658014

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Have you tried this?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211110_070718.jpg Views:	12 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	658014
      Thanks for your reply.
      I did try that to no avail - but after a lot of wasted time tracing back all my customisation steps, I figured it out!

I didn't like the large Volume OSD my version of KDE had, so I added some files into my ~/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/osd directory to convert it into a streamlined thin line look. (https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...ness_osd_size/)

But as a result, that ~/.local/share.. config took priority over /usr/shar.. and I lost all the other 'org.kde.breeze.desktop' configurations (which included my lock screen & the ctrl+alt+del logout confirmation dialog screen).

I have removed my ~/.local/share...../org.kde.breeze.desktop and put the OSD config items into the /usr/share..... directory and all is right with the world again!

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X