Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] Konsole Profiles

Hello everyone,
    I am trying to set up two Konsole profiles. One with bash (I have that set up). The other with zsh. How would I add zsh to a new profile that loads on the start-up of the Konsole profile "zsh". zsh is installed already.

Have you tried editing the profile and changing the "Command:" /bin/bash to /bin/zsh

Please Read Me

Comment

Instead of trying to create a Profile instance for zsh, you could just execute chsh once Konsole has been launched and specify /bin/zsh. See https://www.linuxuprising.com/2021/0...-in-linux.html
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

If I put "oh my zsh" profile as default when I launch Konsole it works. Now I have a new propblem.

(setting back bash as defalt) how would I change the profile to "oh my zsh"? When I click on that profile the prompt stays as bash.
        is this just a problem for me? Or am I doing something worng?
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I think because bash (or anything) is running in that window, you can't do that. Better to go File>New Tab and open the profile that way.

Comment

I use the menu editor (right-click the menu button at the far left of the panel and select "Edit Applications") to make menu items where I enter the command with the profile. For example,
            Code:
            konsole --profile green
            then I drag the entry in the menu to the desktop or the panel to have a widget that starts konsole with that profile. I have a bunch of different icons, f.ex. Click image for larger version

Name:	green-term.png
Views:	275
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	657827for each profile, to tell them apart. (That's the green one, to go with the green profile.)
            Regards, John Little

Comment

What about creating a second menu entry that launches zsh? I guess just a different method of the same thing as jlittle suggested.

Please Read Me

Comment

I have figured it out. I need to make a new tab.

Comment

Working...
                X