Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove cookies in Kubuntu 14.04LTS?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Internet] How do I remove cookies in Kubuntu 14.04LTS?

i am tryiing to purchase some checks online. They say I must disable popups and delete cookies to purchase their product. How do I remove cookies.

I attempted a Google search that was unsuccessful. Thanks Shab

This isn't a linux question, it's browser dependent:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computi...safari-and-ie/

Please Read Me

Comment

Disabling pop-ups will likely require a pop-up blocker.

Please Read Me

Comment

You might also have a look at Bleachbit. I use it all the time and find it invaluable - In your case, it may or may not directly solve the problem, but it is a good exercise in keeping your computer, and browser(s) lean and clean. You can find Bleachbit in the standard repositories.

When your computer is getting full, BleachBit quickly frees disk space. When your information is only your business, BleachBit guards your privacy. With BleachBit you can free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean thousands of applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari,and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I wish I did not get my information on the telephone, but as I recall, I was told to stop any popup blocker as well as removing cookies.

I am trying to purchase some personal checks over the Internet; their site requires removal of cookies and popup blockers. I disabled the popup blockers, but don't know how to remove the cookies. I know I should remember how, I just am unable right now. I believe it is age related, sorry to bother you guys.

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Disabling pop-ups will likely require a pop-up blocker.

Comment

Yeah, cookies depends on the browser.

Example, Firefox 51.0.1 (in Kubuntu 14.04):

Open Firefox.
            Tab at top left: Edit
            Preferences
            Privacy
            and there you will see cookies -- accepting, show cookies, deleting, etc.
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

See Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X