X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to setup dual monitors

Hello everyone,
    I just got Kubuntu installed on my machine.
    And since I have 3 monitors I wanted to know how to use them.
    I searched the internet but I couldn't find anything that worked for me or even a solution.

PC:
    8GB RAM
    AMD CPU (FX8350)
    Nvidia gtx 960

One monitor is connected with a HDMI cable and the other is connected with a DP.
    I don't even see the other two monitors listed in the settings.

There are a few bugs currently with Plasma 5.7.x. regarding multiple monitors. Many of the issues are supposed to be resolved when 5.8 hits, but that is not due until October. You are encouraged to read Martin Gräßlin's blog* and file bug reports as requested. Good luck.

* https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/bl...in-plasma-5-7/
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I have three monitors running on my 16.04 install with an nVidia GTX 780.I'm not having any of the issue Martin has written about.

Troubleshooting monitors starts with your log file: /var/log/Xorg.0.log Read through it. You should see which driver is loaded and it should list all your monitors and what it detects about them.

Also, in a terminal, enter xrandr and it should list your monitors and their available resolutions.

Since you're new here, a tip: If you decide to post a copy or your Xorg log or any long-ish file, don't cut and paste it - go to Advanced mode and upload the file as an attachment. It makes your post and the file much easier to read.
      Last edited by oshunluvr; Jul 23, 2016, 07:21 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

So here I have the Xorg.0.log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8e35ahvlr...org.0.log?dl=0

I reinstalled kubuntu and all now I need also to disable the nouveau driver and Add the nvidia driver but it seems that it doesn't work?!
        Last edited by Finesia; Jul 22, 2016, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X