Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kubuntu 15.10, nvidia gtx970 problems and other fun!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 15.10, nvidia gtx970 problems and other fun!

so its been years since i have used linux, but i finally built a beefy computer so i decided to see how it handled linux. For the most part im loving it except for a few minor issues. First of all the video card, its the msi nvidia gtx 970 gaming card, and whenever i install the nvidia drivers all the all the text gets super tiny. Just the text though, everything else seems to stay the same size. The only way i have been able to fix it is to do a fresh install, so im here on my third time though. And it seems to be crashing on my a lot. After fidgeting around for a few hours i finally got it to connect to my google account so instant message my friends, but it wont let me voice chat or video call anyone, and when i try to go into the messenger setting and then into googles hangout setting, it crashes every time. i guess thats all for now. if anyone needs any more details let me know and i will be glad to provide them, just wondeing if all of this is normal or not

hi and welcome to KFN

how did you install the Nvidia drivers ,,,,,,from your package manager ,, system settings driver manager ,,,the Nvidia site ,

look @hear https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...s-dpi-settings

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

it was installed i believe with the package manager, the little thingy that pops up and tells me i need to install drivers haha

Comment

so that link helped with the tiny on my desktop, but the login screen still has the text problem

Comment

Working...
        X