This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does my system 'freezes'?

I was willing to learn linux, so I tried to dual boot my pc with windows 7.
    I think I did something wrong, cause from time to time everything just get stuck, i can move my mouse but that's all i can do.
    Should I format that partition and try to use a virtual machine?
    How can I do that?

My pc specs:
    i3 3.07GHz
    4GB RAM
    Nvidia 660 GTX

I wouldn't nuke and start all over if you're trying to learn how to use linux. Sounds like kwin is freezing. Try doing some websearching and reading here on this forum to learn how to trouble shoot issues properly. If you're just going to erase your entire install every time you hit a snag, you're not going to learn much.

Also, do yourself a favor and when you post here - include the version of Kubuntu you're using and details on what happens that leads to the issue and when it happens, etc. No one can help if you don't post details. Read the link in my sig...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by rrrahal View Post
      I was willing to learn linux, so I tried to dual boot my pc with windows 7.
      I think I did something wrong, cause from time to time everything just get stuck, i can move my mouse but that's all i can do.
      Should I format that partition and try to use a virtual machine?
      How can I do that?

My pc specs:
      i3 3.07GHz
      4GB RAM
      Nvidia 660 GTX
      Dual booting is somewhat of an art. But to load Kubuntu in a virtual machine you have to have a host which means you would have to get your Linux install working anyway or I think you could load Virtual Box using Windows 7 as the host and then install Kubuntu from the iso as a guest machine. But you have to assign the guest machine resources and you don't have much to spare. i3 just has 2 cores and you don't have but 4 GB RAM. I agree with oshunluvr.

Comment

What size swap? Binary or OSS nvidia drivers?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
        Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Working...
        X