X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to move files to my NAS

Hello all,

I am a newbie on KUBUNTU but i would like to learn
    I got a NAS (asustor 304t) with alot of music on it,but i can`t move or remove files on/off it.
    Everyting stands ok, i`ve got write and read rights, but it still let me do things i want.
    Must i do something in dolphin to make it work or what.
    Can somebody help me out, because i`m a littelbit disorientated on how to do this.
    (sorry for my english, i will try to write the things right)

Describe how and what you are doing that fails. If you actually have read/write rights, you would be able to put files on it and for sure be able to copy files off of it.

How are you mounting the NAS?

What network protocol are you using - SAMBA or NFS or ? ?

What error messages, if any, is Dolphin showing?

Please Read Me

Comment

I`m mounting my nas with SAMBA, but would like to do it with dolphin itself.
      The message that dolphin give me is "you have NO read/write rights", and something like "SAMBA does not support this" ??
      I`ve got 2 popup screen that see this everytime, so what is going wrong.

Comment

This is how it looks in Dolphin when connecting to my fritz-nas:
        smb://fritz-nas/
        This will pop up a window for entering the user name and password.

The fritz-nas is part of my Fritz!box 7490 modem/router, in the past and with older firmware I've seen similar problems, it worked in Windows and caused issues in Linux.

Comment

I saw that bug on screen and thought my computer had bed bugs and said Oh S..... I got to fumigate the house... What a gas! Jumpin' jack flash....
          I wish I had help, but I'm looking for a similar solution. Will post that question.

Comment

if possible you should try to use nfs shares from the NAS . I see speeds from nfs that are much faster then samba in our office where its a mixed windows / linux setup . My windows clients (and linux) can read/ write at a max on about 30MB/s from samba and the same drives shared over nfs on my linux clients i can r/w at 100MB+ easily . the speed from samba seams to just cap off at about 30MB/s its better then the 12MB i used to get when it was a 100mb network but its really slow on a gigbit network..

sadly i can't seam to find any info about network protocalls this box supports for sharing . all their page talks about is mostly media streaming and the non NASy stuff it does..
            Last edited by sithlord48; Jun 04, 2016, 07:16 AM.
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
            X