Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The file or folder smb://username@domain/Drive A does not exist." with Windows 10

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The file or folder smb://username@domain/Drive A does not exist." with Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I'm new with Kubuntu and I'd hope you could help me out with this problem -

I had PC no. 1 with Windows 10 on and PC no. 2 also with Windows 10 on. They both saw each other's shares perfectly.

Now I installed Kubuntu 15.04 on PC no. 2.

When I use Dolphin and go to Network -> Samba Shares -> Workgroup -> PC no. 1 -> Drive A, all I get is "The file or folder smb://username@domain/Drive A does not exist." I'm in the drive, but I can't see it's contents.

Does anyone know of a cause or fix for that?

Thanks in advance .

first try accessing the machine using the urI smb://<Ip>/sharename

if you are denied because the user is not allowed:
    try disabing NTLMv2 on the host machine (the default auth system for shares past win7)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Another good test is to open a terminal and try and mount the share directly. This may give you more understandable error messages.

sudo mkdir /mnt/win10
      sudo mount.cifs //<REMOTE_HOST_NAME>/<REMOTE_SHARE_NAME> /mnt/win10 -o user=<WINDOWS_USER_NAME>,password=<WINDOWS_PASSWOR D>

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try them out.

By the way, I've found this similar problem from ages ago on a different system (I know it's irrelevant to here and now): https://www.niftiestsoftware.com/200...oes-not-exist/ .

The solution suggested over there seems irrelevant today, however - it gives a tiny possible lead - do you know of a way I can have access to advanced file sharing configurations? I prefer with a GUI, but any way will do.

Comment

Working...
        X