X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countless baloo-xattr-files in CIFS mounts

Hello!

I'm quite new to Kubuntu & Linux (installed it a week ago), but by now it works quite well. I'm not totally unexpierienced regarding Linux, I experimented a lot, but I never used it daily on my productive and gaming system. This has to change, as I don't want to use Windows 10.

I'm using Kubuntu 15.04 (64-bit). To get access to my files on my NAS (Synology DS414j) I entered the CIFS mounts into the fstab. It works, but every time the system boots up and accesses the CIFS mounts, it generates a baloo-xattr*-file. So after few boot ups my folders are messed up with these files.

I found out, this issue should be fixed in Plasma 5.1 (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335437) and afaik Kubuntu 15.04 uses Plasma 5.2. I couldn't find any useful hints on this issue. Maybe you can help me?

Greetz,
    Zeph

Not a fix to the bug, but you could exclude the cifs mounts in ~/.config/baloofilerc

exclude folders[$e]=$HOME/FolderA/,$HOME/FolderB/

or you could delete the xattr files at log out?

Please Read Me

Comment

The docs on that device say you can use NFS instead of CIFS - which would likely solve the problem as xattr is supported over NFS...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X