X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu now thinks I have three, rather than two monitors [13.04 to .10]

Hi.

I upgraded to Kubuntu 13.10 from 13.04 yesterday. Kubuntu now thinks have three monitors -- LVDS1 (my laptop screen), HDMI1 (my secondary monitor) and VGA-2 (the phantom monitor) . The "Display Configuration" program is adamant that this monitor is connected, it won't stay disabled on restart.

Is there a way to remove this monitor, that doesn't involve reinstalling Kubuntu?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I've not three monitor but only two. But is impossible to delete the "phantom" monitor. The problem is that very often when I open an application or a window this go to the second monitor, and I can't work or move it. Someone know the solution?

Thanks, Francesco

Comment

Two things, guys:
      #1 Read this Read Before Posting
      #2 Search the forum before posting

xrandr --output VGA-2 --off

will turn off the ghost VGA monitor. If you want specific help for a specific problem, you'll need to post specifics.

Please Read Me

Comment

What video cards are you guys using?

Comment

I have the same problem. Actually there's a whole bunch of problems with the external monitor.

Kubuntu 13.10, laptop with Intel HD3000.

xrandr --output VGA-2 --off doesn't seem to do anything.

Comment

Wha'ts the output of xrandr -q

Please Read Me

Comment

I got it sorted out. Didn't at first realize that the HDMI was connected to the Nvidia card (I have Optimus, Intel HD3000 + GT520M). After installing Bumblebee everything now works at it should and the "phantom" monitor is gone.

Comment

Working...
              X