X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is guest password?

Good morning,
    I'm trying to add a guest account besides my personal account.
    On a new session, when I start the guest account I'm not requested for a password. Then, if I go to my personal account I'm obviously requested for a password. Finally, when I go back to my guest account I'm requested for a password.
    The problem is that I never set that password, and neither the blank or the "kubuntu" password work. How to get back to my guest account?

(Kubuntu 13.04)
    Last edited by andreaconsole; Aug 04, 2013, 03:39 AM.

Try using your user password. Does that work?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

luckily not

neither work kde, guest, default, ubuntu...

Comment

This is interesting. It may point out a 'bug' in session switching with the Guest account.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thank you Snowhog; I wonder if anyone else could reproduce the problem

Comment

At least you can change or set a new password for the guest account via System Settings from your normal user account. :cool:

Comment

no, I can't: I didn't create a real guest account, I just choosed the option "allow guest access" in the LightDM settings

Comment

AFAIK, the guest account in lightdm is broken. I ended up disabling it and creating a "real" guest account.

Please Read Me

Comment

Oh, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X