This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changed to "double-click" mode... does not work in all contexts

Hello, New to kubuntu (seasoned on Ubuntu but cannot abide Unity or Gnome3)... now wishing I ahd looked into kubuntu much sooner...

I know that single/double click is a oft asked question for newbs and I found the "solution" and set to double click in the settings->input devices->mouse.

I quickly noticed it does not seem to work in all contexts. Specifically, i went to edit the settings of a lauch icon on the panel and do "browse" to find application (so... on panel icon->right click->icon settings->Application->[Command]Browse. Brings up a file browser/selection dialog, in which single-click opens directories.

I went back and verified the the mouse settings have "double click" checked, and then tested in Dolphin and double-click works normally there.

It seems that the file browser dialog is provided by the plasma window manager, which perhaps is not looking at the global setting for mouse single/double clicks?

Is there another config setting somewhere to deal with this?

Re: changed to "double-click" mode... does not work in all contexts

I prefer single-click, but I believe the double-click only works on "Files and Folders" as it states in the System Settings. Dialogs may not ever be double-clickable.

Another place you can look is in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals Look for "SingleClick=True" and change it to False.

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: changed to "double-click" mode... does not work in all contexts

When I change the system setting for mouse behavior to double-click to open, it works in most contexts, including many browse-for-file type dialogs. As it seems to be intended by design as a globally defined behavior, it is odd that something as basic as a file-browser window invoked from panel-related settings would fail to use the setting. Some subsystem somewhere is not bothering to look at this setting -- as the dialog in question has "plasma" in the title bar, I imagine is is the plasma desktop or of component thereof.

Comment

Working...
      X