This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved]screen saver options in 11.04

Well the new system is up and smokin' but I have hit my first set-up issue .

In System Settings>Display & Monitor>Screen Saver there are only two options listed. 1]Blank Screen and 2]Random but it also is just a blank screen when tested. So I hit the help button in the lower left and it says that on the left side of the window are all available options. I have left and right clicked all over the window trying to find a "get more SS" options to appear and no luck.

Is there another action I should perform or just how do I get KDE screen savers? I figure there must be a few.

Thanks for the help 8)
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Re: screen saver options in 11.04

install "KScreenSaver" & any other screen saver packages you like

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

OK, thanks Vinny; still got the new build change-over jitters; we will call this one solved
      Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

OOPS> had to re-open this thread; I have the screen savers and one picked out but I am having trouble "setting-up" the screen-saver to work correctly. I set it to start in 10 minutes but the option does not include anything about 10 after being idle so you can imagine my surprise when the thing launched on me 10 minutes later when I was in my browser. Between the 4 core CPU and the work-station card it was a show
        Where do I set up the delay to cover 10 minutes of idle time?

Comment

Try Power settings.

Please Read Me

Comment

OK that would be to set-up the 'idle-time' I hope.

Man you should have seen it when it went off, my Phenom 970 and my V4800 workstation were actually trying to use the 16 GB of RAM to do both it made me feel like back in the late '60s don't ya know. 8)
            So I'll try sharing a screen shot of the screen saver window:

oops that did not work out; guess I need to study up on that, I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

[SOLVED] Re: screen saver options in 11.04

Problem Solved

Power settings need to be set up first and the main ones that made the difference are Dim. Display, Screen Energy and Suspend Session; once those are set then the Screen Saver time interval works properly. Thank You very much Guys
              I think the most important is the "Dim" but I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X