This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu One

Just ran into something rather astonishing. According to KPackageKit I have UbuntuOne installed. According to the applications menu, I don't have Ubuntu One installed, as it doesn't show up on any menu and doesn't turn up in the menu search?

The forum search doesn't seem to work right. if I search for "Ubuntu One" I get hits on posts that have
    K"ubuntu" and Francoph"one" and http://google"ubuntu" n"one". There is there a way to only match words and not partial words?

Re: Ubuntu One

Try searching for "Ubuntu One" - include the quotes.

As far as your missing menu item: Just because you've installed a package doesn't mean it has a menu item associated with it. Only GUI programs have Kmenu entries and if it's not a KDE program, it may not show up in Kmenu even if it is a GUI program.

If KPackageKit says it's installed it likely is. What you need is the ubuntuone-kde package or something similar (I'm not at my linux machine right now).

Please Read Me

Comment

probably only the u1 backend is installed, you would need the client as well iirc. Plus there is no kde client for it, other than the experimental (and broken) one out there somewhere

Comment

Thanks for the replys.

I installed ubuntu-one-package. There was still no menu item but I found ubuntu.....gtk in /usr/bin. Starting that got the app up that did, among other things, create a "Ubuntu One" directory and start syncing files.

It is unfortunate that the directory is named "Ubuntu One" and not UbuntuOne.

Comment

Working...
        X