Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with printing .GIF or .PNG files SOLVED (-ish)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with printing .GIF or .PNG files SOLVED (-ish)

I used to be able to print these with no problem. Starting this evening, the printer only prints the first 1/4 or 1/3, then pauses, then ejects the page. I've tried opening them with both Gwenview and Okular - the same happens. I've even re-installed Gwenview.

The print-queue gives the following error message -"error writing spool - call timed out - server did not respond after 10,000 milliseconds"

Printing from a browser (Chromium) is fine, as is printing from, eg, Abiword.

I'm running Kubuntu 11.04, fairly standard. The printer is a Canon 270, attached to a Vista PC alongside - I even re-installed the printer.

I hate it when something that worked suddenly goes wrong......

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Re: Problem with printing .GIF or .PNG files

Any errors in your log files?

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: Problem with printing .GIF or .PNG files

oshunluvr, thanks for the reply. I've not looked at them, as I think the problem is with wifi.

A search of the web using the error message (should have done that first, I know) indicated that could be the root of it. Sure enough, wifi has packed in completely.

I think it's the networking module (is that the right name?) as (A) it says hardware has switched the wifi off, yet if I dual-boot into W7, wifi works, plus (B), it says the network cable is unplugged, yet that's what I'm using at the moment.......

??

What is it with KDE and comms? Talk about the black art!

Cheers

Comment

Re: Problem with printing .GIF or .PNG files SOLVED (-ish)

The problem is usually with knetworkmanager. Search the forum for posts on how to remove it and replace it with WICD.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X