This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 10.10 grub version?

Hi i would like to know what version does come with kubuntu 10.10 if its version 2 great! cause i already found it's how to...and if its the earlier one good cuase i already know how it works...but i doubt is the earlier one since i already tried editing menu.lst and there is no menu.lst XD I just want to find out what type of grub is cause i want to edit the boot since im dual booting with windows 7. Thanks

Thanks for your time. Thanks.

Re: Kubuntu 10.10 grub version?

it's grub2 and you should just half to run
    Code:
    update-grub
    to add win7 if it's not their now .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I would suggest you read a bit about grub-pc (also known as grub 2) so that you're more familiar with the differences with grub-legacy (also known as grub).

For instance: the file menu.lst no longer exists, it has been replaced in part by /boot/grub/grub.cfg. However, it is not intended to edit this file. Rather, edit; /etc/default/grub and files stored in /etc/grub.d/.

Please Read Me

Comment

hears something to read

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1195275

VINNY

16GB RAM

Comment

ok if its grub 2 im having some issues then..cause i installed kubuntu then removed it and overwrited for a ubuntu distro and the removed it again and went back to install kubuntu again (love kde) so the problem is....it starts with grub 1.98 and if grub 2 is the one that comes with kubuntu why the hell i got 1.98 windows 7 is there already and everything works fine...the only thing is that i remember i used to tweak my grub and now with the grub2 or 1.98 i cant...lol

Kinda lost right now..

Comment

Grub 2, aka "grub-pc" is currently at version 1.98x. Legacy grub ended at 1.97x.

Comment

Originally posted by kiraitachi
              ...the only thing is that i remember i used to tweak my grub and now with the grub2 or 1.98 i cant...lol

Kinda lost right now..
              1.98 is grub2 ............and you can tweak it........but the tweaking is done different.

read the post I left ya all day and you may glean some light

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

Not to be a nudge dibl, but to avoid confusion - grub-legacy versions ended with 0.97.

I wish the folks over at grub dev. would have adopted a more common naming scheme instead of this multi-named version centric thingy...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
                  Not to be a nudge dibl, but to avoid confusion - grub-legacy versions ended with 0.97.

I wish the folks over at grub dev. would have adopted a more common naming scheme instead of this multi-named version centric thingy...
                  +1

I'm starting to think that once your treading the upper halls of geekdom the mind starts seeing every thing as sequential string's of numerals ..................... LOL

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
                    Oh Puhhhhhhhhh!

Well, you're right, of course. Color me ex-confused (on that point, anyway).

Comment

hahaha okey guys XD thanks all is solved then...il find my way out tweaking then ^^.

And thanks for the info...came handy to understand more grub itself ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X