This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: URGENT PLEASE HELP GUYS!

I typed sudo service networking start and it gave me back: networking stop/waiting

Comment

When you boot the computer, do you see a menu? Usually the second line on the menu is Recovery Console. It also accessible with a key combo during boot -- I'll have to look it up as I haven't used it forever.

Comment

I don't have a GRUB menu that I can choose between linux and windows. In the past I could do that, but now that I have only linux I don't know how..

Comment

Anyone that can help please? I would vastly appreciate it

Comment

It might be Shift-Esc or Ctrl-Esc -- something like that during the boot sequence. I googled for it but didn't find it. It's probably in Ubuntu online documentation.

If that doesn't work for you, if you have your Live CD, it says here there's a recovery option: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-b...x-rescue-mode/

I'm concerned that while you started with a video issue, now you have no networking -- I'm wondering if more than just a failed kernel update is involved. If (due to inexperience, perhaps) using the recovery options is too daunting, you can boot your Live CD, mount the filesystem where your data are, and copy your data to a USB stick or burn it to a CD or something like that, to make sure you have it safe, and then you could reinstall. However, if you go to reinstall, it might be wise to do a new download of the Kubuntu 10.04 CD ISO, since they've obviously updated this version as of today.

I have to get offline and take care of other business for now. Good luck with it!

Comment

I read that it might be a GRUB problem. I had tried to change to ugly logo of kubuntu after installing the nvidia drivers. the grub must have been changed with the kernel update.. does anybody can help?

Comment

I reinstalled the nvidia drivers from konsole using the well known commands sudo kdm stop and sudo sh NVI...run and it reconfigured the xorg bla bla settings and after the restart everything is working. thank you guys! Solved

Comment

Working...
                X