X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help using a program in wine

Hi guys
    Let me start off by saying that i have searched long and hard for the answer, not just on here, before posting and im sorry if its already answered.
    anyway I recently downloaded a windows program as an .img that i converted to an iso and extracted the info on to my computer i then tried to install it using wine. it didnt work as it was asking for the cd so i burnt the iso to a cd and it worked it installed but when i try to run the program it gone back to asking for the cd even though i have the cd in the drive.
    so ya im just wondering if anyone has an answer or even if its possible.
    im running 10.04

Re: help using a program in wine

You can assign a mounted .iso a drive letter just like you can with your real cdrom.

However, if your talking about a copy protected program, the original cd has to be detected.

Please Read Me

Comment

Also the name of the application would be good, as it would better point to whether or not this will actually run in wine at all.......

Also as mentioned above, you may need to configure wine to see your cdrom/mounted image correctly.

Comment

ok i see well the program is OATmedia gas turbine engines. the info i really need off it is the videos that are drx files that i can get to but cant seem to get to play in any player any way i could play them or convert them?

Comment

Did you mean dxr files?? Those are Macromedia Director files and I doubt Macromedia will be supporting linux ever.

There are a couple of windows utilities to do the conversion, but none I could find in linux. If you have a windows disc you might try VirtualBox. It's not very difficult to create a windows Virtual Machine. Then you could install and run you rprogram (maybe) or convert the videos.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X