This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

network help

hey there everyone i installed kubuntu lucid and it seems i have some problems with my knetworkmanager
    i went to manage connections and made a new connection which i set to connect automaticaly when starting but it seems kubuntu still connects to auto eth1 which is not configured so my question is how do i configure auto eth1 ?
    in karmic i configured my network card using

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
    and
    sudo nano /etc/resolv.conf

but that was when i had only 1 network card, now i have 2 so can someone please tell me how to configure auto eth1 ?

Re: network help

your config file is the interfaces file.

Since you haven't said how you want the connection configured.
    Code:
    auto eth1
    iface eth1 inet dhcp

Please Read Me

Comment

i have only one network connection, wired, static ip but 2 network cards, that i believe kubuntu recognizes them as eth0 and eth1. but what i really want to say is that i made my own internet connection profile using the network manager provided by default and next time i log in it switches back to eth0 (or was it eth1?) and i have to manually select the one i made

Comment

If you're not using eth0, disable it by remarking it out of your interfaces file - put # in front of the lines configuring it.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
          If you're not using eth0, disable it by remarking it out of your interfaces file - put # in front of the lines configuring it.
          okay but there will still be eth1 that's not in the configuration file. anyway i don't necessarily want to remove them, i just want the custom made connection to be automatically connected upon login

Comment

Working...
          X