This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QT

I would think that the truth of that would be obvious. One merely has to use apt-get in a single command line from a konsole, or use Synaptic, check a box, click apply, click continue and a minute or two later it is installed and a menu option added.

Otherwise, one must install manually download the package from the website, check its md5sum, add the execute permission. Then, for a general user install, change the owner to root and group to users, open a console, move to the directory where it is, and issue ./qt-sdk-linux-x86_64-opensource-2010.02.bin
    or what ever the name is.

Or for use as the user, open a Konsole, add the execute permission and then execute it
    ./qt-sdk-linux-x86_64-opensource-2010.02.bin

then, perhaps, add a menu option.

I may be wrong, but using Synaptic does appear to me to be much easier ...
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      I may be wrong, but using Synaptic does appear to me to be much easier ...
      not to mention when a newer version is out its pretty much automaticly upgraded to it (if you do u normal upgrades that is)
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Yeah, that was the part I disagreed with. that is why my posts where all about dependencies of qt-sdk. I think you are just trolling now. Have fun.
        FKA: tanderson

Comment

Well, to each his own. Wisdom knows her own children.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X